Date: May 30, 2013 at 6PM (GMT+1)
Location: Milan, Italy - Bocconi University (Aula Magna, via Gobbi 5)
We are glad to invite you to the final event of Social App Italia call for ideas, promoted by the Italian Business & Investment Initiative Youth. On may 30 five teams of young entrepreneurs, selected among over 170 applicants, will pitch their innovative idea in front of a committee of prominent experts of startup and entrepreneurship.
The pitching event will be held at Bocconi University (Milan) and starts at 6pm and is a valuable occasion to discuss about the opportunities for startuppers and young entrepreneurs in Italy,
The winning social entrepreneurs will receive all the support they need to launch a real startup project : € 50,000 in services from Windows Azure, promotion on Microsoft channels and the managerial support of “Italian Business and Investment Initiative Youth”.
The Event Programme.
Social App Italia website.
Follow the event on Twitter: #socialappitalia
The five finalist teams:
– Comuni-Chiamo is an app that aims at enhancing the communication process between citizens and the local administration. Thanks to it, people would be able to forward requests for intervention, attaching pictures if necessary, and to raise red flags regarding issues which could easily slip outside the scope of attention of the municipality. This request would immediately reach the person responsible for dealing with the subject.
– DiarIo tries to solve another compelling communication problem, the one that exists among high schools, students and parents. The app is a digital diary, which gathers all the paper-based communications, the lecture and test timetables, the grades and much more, making it quickly available to the students and their parents. An example of “frugal innovation”, it would have nearly zero costs for the individual institutions.
– Pedius allow deaf people to make phone calls. In the two way communication process, one party would write a message which would be immediately translated into voice for the other party, who would then be able to reply on voice, with his or her words automatically reported into a text message. Such a setup would slice the cost of a live interpreter, the system currently used by the public administration and private service providers.
– Skillbros is a knowledge virtual marketplace. Springing from the lack of institutions where people can learn unconventional skills, which are not taught in universities but are nonetheless proving increasingly useful in the current work environment, it allows anyone who has a competence in a specific area to teach it live or online through video courses and written material.
– Youmove.me provides users with the best combination of means of transport to get to a specific place. It combines any flight, train, car-sharing, car-pooling, bike-sharing transportation option to build the most efficient itinerary available so that the user does not have to check different search engines separately.