Fernando Napolitano, Founder, President & CEO
Fernando Napolitano encourages the encounter between Italy’s business community and U.S. venture investors, policy makers, and key US opinion makers. He currently serves as member of the board of directors of Mediaset S.p.A. in Milan.
He is Chairman of the Steering Committee of BEST Program scholarship, in cooperation with the US Embassy in Italy, the Fulbright Commission, Invitalia and Fondazione CRT from Turin.
Advisory Board Membership: Innogest, VC fund Turin; Mind The Bridge Foundation, San Francisco; Bologna Business School, Bologna; Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Stevens Institute of Technology, New York
- Member of the USA-Italy Council in New York
Prior professional experiences
- 1990-2011: Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Booz Allen Hamilton in Italy where he specialized in leadership, organization and strategy assisting clients in telecom, media, aerospace and energy sectors
- Procter & Gamble Italia marketing division; Laben S.p.A. (Finmeccanica)
Past appointments & memberships
- 2016-2017: Albany Molecular Research Inc. (AMRI), Albany NY, a NASDAQ listed company
- 2002 to 2014: non-executive independent member of the Board of Directors of ENEL S.p.A. (ENEL: MIL), Chairman of Compensation Committee
- 2002-2006: non-executive independent member of the BoD of CIRA (Italian Aerospace Research Center)
- 2002-2005: industry expert within the Digital Terrestrial Television Commission appointed by the Minister of Communications
- Council on Foreign Relations, New York
- International Advisory Board of Harvard Environmental Economics Program
- Aspen Institute Italia
- Member of BoD of the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy
- Clinton Global Initiative “mega-commitment” with the World Food Program
- Co-author of the book: “Megacommunities: How Leaders form Government, Business and Non Profits can tackle today’s global challenges together”, Palgrave Macmillan, Us Apr 2008
- Columnist of Panorama magazine, Mondadori
- Graduated with honors (summa cum laude) in Economics & Business Administration from the Univ. of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Master of Science Management-Technology Mgt, Brooklyn Polytechnic, NY (now NYU-Poly)
- AMP Harvard Business School, Cambridge, MA
- Diploma from the Chamber of Commerce of Paris
Former Italian National water-polo player, European Champion in 1984. He lives in New York.
Gaetano works at the American Embassy in Rome as Political Advisor roviding expert advice to the Internal and External Political Affairs Officers and the Minister Counselor for Political Affairs and coordinates an exchange program, the Fulbright Business Exchange and Student Training Silicon Valley Immersion.
He is a member of the Steering Committee of the program Fulbright BEST and member of the board of the Luiss Alumni association in charge of international affairs. He is founder and coordinator of the Italian Chapter of BAIA (Business Association Italy America ).
Gaetano supported various regional administrations and municipalities in the implementation of European development and employment programs, and was a teacher of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation of European Programs for Employment and Development at the High School of Public Administration in Rome.